Friday, May 14, 2010

China Again

Hey Everyone,

For those of you who don't know, I'm heading back to China this summer for 9 weeks again (June 9th to August 16th). This time, my friend Dominic and I are first heading to Shanghai for a week to check out the World Expo (http://en.expo2010.cn/) and the rest of the city. Afterwards, we're heading up to Harbin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbin) for 8 more weeks of learning Chinese. Like last summer, one of the requirements of me being there is keeping this blog. Look forward to lots of random thoughts and (hopefully) cool pictures.

- Louis

3 comments:

  1. Some sage advice on the 世博会: The expo is semi overrated, so manage your expectations. That being said I imagine that some of the pavilions with the longer lines - Japan, Saudia Arabia, UAE, Australia, France, China (main pavilion), and others - are probably fairly awesome, but I was alone when I went so I decided I wasn't going to stay in anything more than 2 hours long. If you're going over multiple days, just buy a few night tickets (available 4 PM+ for the day of): the air is cooler, everything's lit up, and I'm told it's more crowded during the day. And one more thing: Apparently you need to have a 'reservation' ticket to see the main China pavilion (whoops), so get that in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ethan. Yeah, I've also heard going at night makes more sense. And unfortunately, I've also heard it's overrated. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete